Monday, March 5, 2012

Greens

I don't know about you, but fresh fruits and veggies make me long for summer. Even with the mild winter we've had this year, I'm so ready for spring!

I know this isn't quilt related, but I love the color green and I thought I'd share with you my favorite green juice recipe. Even my kids drink this... almost every day!


What you need:
5 ounces fresh spinach leaves
2 stalks celery
2 green apples (they have more juice)
1/2 peeled lemon

How to:
Juice everything in a masticating juicer. (I have a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer that I love.) Pour over Ice and Enjoy!


I'm ok with drinking the juice straight from the juicer, but my kids prefer it with a banana. For all 4 of us, I would double the recipe and juice everything, then transfer it to a blender. Add 2 bananas and a hanful or two of ice. Blend into a delicious smoothie!

Next time you take your children to the doctor and she asks if your kids eat their green veggies, you can answer with "YES, they do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment