Saturday, July 21, 2012

Redbird Bee- Aiden's Quilt, Part 1

This is my first pieced section of my bee blocks that I received from the Redbird Bee ladies in June. I received so many wonderful blocks in so many wonderful sizes. I know, that's my own fault. I purposely didn't specify a size, that's the way I wanted it. But man, oh man, am I paying for it.

Once I laid out the quilt, I decided to add navy frames to all the blocks to tie them together. Then, after laying it all out again, I decided that I could divide it up into 6 sections for piecing. We'll see how that goes. I've already run into a little trouble with my layout and had to change it up a little....

It took me an hour and 20 minutes to piece these 5 blocks together. All that measuring and remeasuring. I have my work cut out for me!

1 comment:

  1. It's a little bit of work to get it to fit but it's going to look so good when it's finished.... One thing I've found that helps when piecing different size blocks together is using larger chunks of the background and trimming them afterwards instead of measuring precise pieces to seam but you gotta do what works for you.

    Those blocks are so cute!