Friday, September 28, 2012

Fabric Friday

**The Brown Needle is now Sewlio. As of 5/1/13, all new blog posts can be found at www.sewliodesigns.com . Hope to see you there!**
 
 
I've been sewing, and sewing, and sewing. But I've got nothing to show you... yet. I finished quilting this quilt. We've had nothing but rain and clouds recently, so I'm just waiting for a great day to take a photo of it. Hopefully this weekend will be nice!
 
I also finished up another quilt top and have to quilt it up. It will be a Christmas gift this year. I also hope to finish up Aiden's quilt from the Redbird Bee. His birthday is just over a month away and I really want to have it done by then!
 
I created a pattern for and stitched up a Christmas stocking. I've got 7 more stockings to make before the Christmas season begins. They are for my mom's mantle. She wanted matching stockings for each of her kids and grand kids. She actually asked me to make 10 total, since there's still a potential for a little more growing in our family! (Just to be clear- not mine!) I'd post pics, but I don't have a mantle to hang them on. I like to at least try to make my photos look pretty!
 
I also have another commissioned project in. It's another t-shirt quilt. While I tell my friends NOT to advertise that I do them, I don't mind doing them for friends. They are such sentimental pieces, that I really do enjoy making them for friends!
 
There are a couple of other odds and ends that I have been stitching on as well, and while I don't have many photos for you, I can show you what I added to my stash over the past couple of weeks!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment