Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My First Pieced Quilt

It's finally finished! My "first" pieced quilt is done! This quilt top was actually finished before #2, but it has just taken me so long to get it completed! This pattern is called Two Left Feet and you can find information on where I got it here

For my first quilt, I wanted something that wasn't too complicated, yet looked like it could be. This one was surprisingly simple to piece together and I think was a great place to start. I learned a ton from making this quilt... like how important an accurate 1/4 inch seam allowance is, how important it is that your machine is working properly, the importance of quality fabric, and that I need much more patience and practice with binding and mitered corners! Here are a couple different shots of this quilt.

This pic was taken by my very helpful 5 year old!

The colors in this quilt are parchment (cream), fire red and dark brown solids with two different aqua blue patterned fabrics. 


On a different note, I've currently got three more quilts in progress. I'm working on updates. I have a serious addiction! I'm going to have to figure out how to fund my habit, and SOON!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have that book,, and have wanted to make this quilt and the skull... your quilt looks very nice! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy!

    My Daughter wants me to make the skull quilt for her! The patterns in that book are so simple. This one had a lot of pieces, but some of them have much larger pieces and look like they wouldn't take very long to piece together at all!

    ReplyDelete