Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Redbird Bee- my blocks


May was my month for the Redbird Bee. I gave everyone fabric from this bundle with the instructions that my quilt would be for my 6 year-old son. I wanted a square block, any size from 10 to 18 inches. They could include fabric from their stashes or just use what I gave them. The colors were to be navy, teal, grass and chocolate, whites and creams with a touch of red if desired.

These are the blocks I received on Saturday. I can't say enough about how much I love them. My little boy keeps obsessively asking when his quilt will be done. He loves them too!

I spent a couple of hours measuring the blocks, diagramming out a layout based on shape and size, and then actually laying them out based on that diagram and modifying the layout based on color.

 I have to say, this is one talented group of ladies. I got everything from 9-inch block to a 15 1/2 inch block and EVERYTHING in between. I could never have imagined that I'd get so many different size blocks. I considered trimming some of them down and adding to others to help them fit better, but I just couldn't. I like them how they are.

So.... they are each getting a narrow navy blue "frame". I've already started working on that. I will be making a few small 6-inch and 4-inch blocks to fill the empty spaces. And that's the plan for now. :)

1 comment:

  1. It Looks great Kyndra! I can't wait to see the extra filler blocks and this quilt come together! Hopefully you get some time to get this done, I know how excited your little guy must be!

    ReplyDelete