Saturday, October 6, 2012

Aiden's finished quilt top

**The Brown Needle is now Sewlio. As of 5/1/13, all new blog posts can be found at www.sewliodesigns.com . Hope to see you there!**
 
 

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to attend an all day sew-in put on by the STLMQG. I had really never thought I would like to pack up my sewing room- machine, cutting tools, iron, projects, etc.- and spend the WHOLE day sewing somewhere other than my own comfortable sewing space. And then I signed up on a whim. Boy was I wrong! I am so glad I went. I had an absolute blast! I can't wait to do it again!

I spent the majority of my day working on getting my bee quilt pieced together. I had about half of it done when I started. It was a huge challenge to get everything to fit, but I do enjoy a challenge.

My biggest challenge would have been that I forgot my cutting mat and rulers. (I did remember the M&Ms though.) Thanks to Kelly, I didn't have to make a frantic phone call to my hubby so he could deliver my forgotten supplies. Kelly let me borrow one of her cutting mats and rulers and made my day go much easier. Thanks, Kelly!

There was some talking involved, but I did manage to finish Aiden's quilt top and start on a new quilt top. The other quilt top is finished, too. Actually that whole quilt is done. It's been rainy around here, so I have no pics. I'll have to save that one for another day. 

1 comment:

  1. Kyndra, this is great! I especially love the block on the far right in the middle.

    ReplyDelete