Sunday, October 7, 2012

Redbird Bee- Linda's Block

**The Brown Needle is now Sewlio. As of 5/1/13, all new blog posts can be found at www.sewliodesigns.com . Hope to see you there!**
 
 

This is the block I did for the Redbird Bee for September. September was Linda's month. She gave each of us 9 five-inch squares and we were to make a Disappearing Nine Patch block. The addition of white fabric adds negative space to this block which makes a wonderful scrappy-looking quilt with a very modern feel.

When I first saw Kristy's Modernized D9P quilt (her tutorial is here), I immediately fell in love with it and began planning my own. When I found out that we were making these blocks for the Redbird Bee, I was super excited to give it a try.

My own Mod-D9P is finished, bound and quilted. It came together super quickly.... pics coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love the block you made for Linda! Bright and cheery and well spaced. Well done!

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

    ReplyDelete