Tuesday, February 12, 2013

on my design wall...

**The Brown Needle is now Sewlio. As of 5/1/13, all new blog posts can be found at www.sewliodesigns.com . Hope to see you there!**


Here is a peek at what I'm working on. You might remember the Starburst mini quilt I did last summer. I received numerous kind compliments and many e-mails asking about a pattern for this. So.... that's what I'm working on!


Starburst Block 1

I'm in the home stretch now. The pattern is written. My ever-so-talented-graphic-designer hubby is beautifying the pattern layout for me. I'm in the self-testing stage now- the part where I decide to take on a much bigger project than I have time for and make a big quilt with several blocks. The block above is #1. I had originally planned to make 9 blocks and a rather large quilt, but I've got a feeling that I might poop out after 4. Four is such a lovely number, and those blocks are so big- 22 inches square.

I had originally planned on having this done in October- I know I told a few of you that. It's February, in case you hadn't noticed. Our house managed to go through two different strains of the flu, pneumonia, bronchitis and a couple other colds this winter. My son was also hospitalized for a couple of days due to the flu and pneumonia. You get the point, right? Life happens.

If all goes well, and life doesn't interrupt, this pattern will be ready in March. I have already finished one quilt and pattern. Once Starburst is finished, an Inburst pattern will soon follow... and then there's a fourth pattern in progress.

I sense some over-commitment.... I'd better get busy.

16 comments:

  1. Oooh, YAY! So excited. I love this one.

    Glad everyone is feeling better, and good luck with those patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are writing a pattern for Inburst! You are my hero! Of course this one is absolutely stunning too and will be *patiently* waiting for it's release. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in! I would love to have your pattern! Remember the little people when you are a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you! That is a beautiful quilt and I am looking forward to seeing more!!
    So is your hubby the one that designed your banner? Like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes, my hubby designed my banner. I like it too, but he's already re-designing it!

      Delete
  5. Ooh, can't wait for this. You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! Good for you on writing the pattern! Congratulations! Can't wait to try it.

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers! What a gorgeous quilt, can't wait to try out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you kidding?! That block is incredible. Nice work, I cannot wait to see finished quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your generous compliment! I can't wait to share the finished quilt with you all. :)

      Delete
  9. I want to be on the list to get the first pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous block! Can't wait to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to see how you all interpret the pattern and make it your own!

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete