Tuesday, March 12, 2013

mid-century modern quilt rack

**The Brown Needle is now Sewlio. As of 5/1/13, all new blog posts can be found at www.sewliodesigns.com . Hope to see you there!**
 
Back in November, my Hubby found this beautiful mid-century modern quilt rack at an antique store. When he called me up and said he wanted to buy a "cool quilt rack", I was totally skeptical. I have honestly never found a quilt rack that I even kind of liked. I had been looking faithfully for an old ladder to use to display my quilts, but I hadn't been able find one in my price range. I gave in to the quilt rack's $30 price tag and I'm so glad I did! 
 

I think it looks naked without any quilts on it! Here's a photo with some of my current quilt inventory... Man, I have really got to let go of some of those quilts!


What I didn't know at the time, was that at that same antique mall, he also found the ladder that he surprised me with for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I have a really cool ladder that DH found for me. It needs paint or something though. It is very weathered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, Very Nice!! Sleek and Modern!!

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!!

    ReplyDelete